Friday 21 September 2012

Final animations


After a lot more trial and error I decided to just hand-key the animations to be used for the final build. Here's a video with the animations that were used in the build for the hand in:


I admit it's not the best animation work that I have done but I am quite please with the results considering how little time I left myself to do it. The only problem was that the animations didn't look like this at all when imported into Unity...(especially the attack and shoot animations) so I am quite disappointed about that but I will carry on doing some animations for this game so it can look a little more polished for the team's portfolios. Now that the hand-in has been met I can take my time to troubleshoot why the animations didn't translate well in Unity and also I can dedicate more time to learning to use motion capture data.