Friday 30 October 2009

Sudden discovery in the Middle of the Night...

It was 3am...ish and I was a bit stumped for visual inspiration so I started looking through the old old archives of the Drawn! website and came across this:





This film, "Le Papillon" by Antoine Antin and Jenny Rakotomamonjy, has many parallels with my current film idea. Now, I had never seen this film before now so am in no way influenced by its story or visual style...it's just a bit spooky eh? Not that animating with watercolour and Chinese brush lines hasn't been done before...


I absolutely adore the simplicity of the drawings! The animation is smooth and beautiful too...now I'm fired up to do the same!


Before I go here's a another film suggested to me by one of my tutors Leonie Sharrock.





Another French animation called "Signes de Vie" by Arnaud Demuynck and AGAIN, it uses some brush lines and touches on the topic of death. I can't help feeling a bit negative about having such similarities to two (and possibly more) films...it's not like anyone is original nowadays but I don't want to be compared too much or have people think that I'm just copying another one's film. If I am optimistic though, I'd like to think my film's really quite different too! :P