Friday 5 March 2010

More bit of storyboard...

I noticed in my last post that I mentioned the photo-breaking scene. You would not know what the photo breaking scene is...because I had not posted the storyboard of that part of the film...because I hadn't drawn it the time I posted the other part of the storyboard. So here it is!


Actually...I remember now there was the introduction of a photo-breaking moment in the last animatic I posted. Oh silly me! But still, I should keep this blog up to date with the latest bit of the [current] storyboard.

Essentially, what happens in this last part of the film is that all the reminders of her dead husband drive the woman to a swirling pit of despair. She goes around breaking all the photos - photos that bring painfully happy memories and serve only to remind her of what she has lost. As the broken photos accumulate, the ghost of the husband starts to fade - the destroyed photos=destroyed memories=destroying his soul [somewhat]. I'm still unsure what to do with the end but hopefully as I animate I'll get into the flow of the story and find inspiration to complete the film. It's a bad way to work if I was in a group but as a lone artist I think it'll work out! I hope...