Sunday 14 March 2010

New directions...

I know it is very very close to the deadline but somehow I have got myself stuck in a rut...I find it very hard to motivate myself to do more animating when I've somehow lost all my passion for the film. This final major project has been problematic from the very beginning and the pressure of having to make a good graduation film seems to sap all the fun out of it. NOT GOOD!


Also, my testing of the animation tools in Corel Painter didn't go so well...I spent a fair few hours animating and then for some reason when I scrolled through the frames the layers from each frame piled on each other making the brush strokes look heavy, pixellated and lost all transparency. I don't really know what happened but I think I will stay away from this animation tool before I waste any more time, effort, work, blood, sweat and tears...


Before flipping through frames:
 
After flipping though frames:

The problem lies in the fact that you can't save a file in framestack [animation] mode - it auto saves so any changes that can't be undone (like this one shown and described above) can not be changed back. It is quite frustrating...I think I made a mistake somewhere by not merging the layers after completing each frame...but I like having layers as it allows me to go back and fix mistakes.


As a result of this setback, I have taken many walks outside in the sunshine to clear my thoughts and give me some new inspiration. I think it has worked, It is a bold and risky move but I have decided to re-script my film and I'll also re-storyboard the film. If I can complete the storyboard then being able to see the end might act as extra motivation for me.


For now, here's the new and final script. Yes, it is definitely the final one now because I don't want to go back to tan early stage again; especially with so little time left. My justification for this move is that I am much more happy with this new script than I have ever been with any of my older ones. I also feel that I have simplified the animation job meaning things will be easier for me in the long run. Just need to storyboard, then animate like I will die if I don't, to get this all finished for the hand-in date. FUN!