Friday 20 July 2012

Character Modelling

Although I focussed on character modelling for my previous "Modelling and Texturing" module assignment, it  is still a task I approach with a slight sense of dread as I am still very inexperienced when it comes to 3D humans. Not only does the character need to look "right" the mesh also needs to be able to deform well when animated and especially when the character is to be modelled for a game - the poly count needs to be efficient!

Taking the reference created by my team-mate Nell, I set out to start modelling Caruso's head for the Knightside Chronicles project.



I first created a polygon plane and used a combination of the "Interactive Split Tool" and "Insert Edge Loop Tool" to form the face but I'm feeling very "trapped" using this method and am not overly pleased with how the face looks here.