Sunday 28 February 2010

Storyboard version...5...I think!

I've made so many bits of storyboard here and there that I don't even remember how many I've actually done! However, I do know in terms of what I worked on for longer than 10 frames...my handed-in storyboard for module 1 was my fifth :D

Here's storyboard version 5!

Yes, it is unfinished :( - It just seemed to go on and on and on...which makes me somewhat concerned for the length of it! Unfortunately, despite spending a good week on this storyboard I have decided to scrap it again. It feels like wasted work but I like to be optimistic and think of it as a step in developing my final story.

A good thing that has come out of my frustration is that I've decided to employ a different way of working to what I've been doing up to now. After a brief discussion with Leonie she suggested that I make my final film similar to my documentary film from my first year. Now, I have longed to make something like that and it's been in the back of my mind throughout working on this final film. The difference between then and now is that I've sunk into a pit of conventional working practices and expectations. I remember everything was done very spontaneously for my documentary and there was no proper structure until I animated everything and composited it together. It's a gamble but I'm willing to give it a go for my final film too. From now on, there will be no structure until it is finished. Not something I would do if I worked in a group on an industry standard film, but as an artist working alone I think it will be very effective and I hope it will produce something I'm proud of.