Monday 30 November 2009

Storyboards versions 3 and 4...FAIL!

I'm working rather slowly at the moment, for some reason I can't get into the habit of just drawing things. I used to be good at that...now I just picture everything in my head and write a lot things down without any visual work. Where has my inner artist gone!?

I realise now that...personally I'm bad at communicating to other people...I get misunderstood a lot and that's reflecting in my work as well - NOT GOOD! Here's two separate incomplete storyboards that I've been working on that haven't passed my tutor's approval :( I see all the faults and I understand what I need to do but strangely, I'm unable to apply the right changes to make my own film good.

Version 3.0 (with all the afterlife malarkey at the beginning!) - discarded!


Version 4.0

This most recent version of my story takes us back to my animatic from a few weeks back (yes, I have gone full circle back in time!) but I'm much happier with how the story develops in this. However, my tutor had trouble understanding some parts...either I iron out those kinks or I have to re-think the entire story again. I don't want to change things too drastically because that's what has been holding me back all this time and slowing down my progress...

During a tutorial today I was told things were too complicated...but I have been simplifying things a LOT already...I guess working on something for so long makes one forget that others don't know the idea. Miscommunication seems to be my forte right now GAH! I feel myself slipping further and further away from my initial message which I still want to get across.

When you are forgotten, you no longer exist - your soul is merely a memory! Rinse and Repeat...